Thursday, November 27, 2008

My CVS Jackpot

I snuck out of my Thanksgiving gathering this afternoon to hit CVS. They had everything in stock except for the universal remote, which I hope to score tomorrow at Rite Aid (free after rebate, of course!).

So as I crunch on a big raw salad with home-grown bean sprouts, let me tell you about my 3 money-making transactions.

I hit CVS with 2 $4 off $20 coupons, 2 $8.99 ECB's & 2 $15 ECB's, as well as $8.39 on a money carded from a failed transaction last week. My goal was to put at little as possible on the money card (which acts as a gift card) and have as little out-of-pocket (OOP) expenses as possible.

I went into CVS armed with a list of deals & a spreadsheet of cost after coupons in order to maximize my ECB's & minimize my OOP. This was the 1st time I had done this, and though I was fairly confident in my work, I wasn't positive that it was correct.

Here was my 1st transaction (in which I made a mistake, so watch carefully!):
Schick Quattro Trimmer $7.99 Earn $6.00 ECBs
Use $2/1 Printable HERE

Sally Hansen Max Growth $3.79, Get $3.79 ECBs (Limit 1)
Johnson's Soft Lotion at $5.69, Get $5.69 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $1/1 printable here

Colgate Total Advanced, Clean, Advanced Fresh or Whitening $2.99, Get $2.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $1/1 coupon from recent Smart Source insert

Aussie $2.99, Get $2.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $1/1 coupon from recent P&G insert

Covergirl Smoothers Powder $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 1)
(I didn't use a coupon on this one because I only had 1)

2 Hershey's King Size Bars $1.00 (Limit 1)
Use B1G1F Hersheys Milk Chocolate Bar from recent insert

Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons, 36 ct $7.99

Manufacturer's Coupons as outlined above): -$6.00
-$4 off $20 CVS coupon from recent receipt
-$8.99 ECB from earlier in the week
-$15 ECB from earlier in the week

Total OOP: $5.44
Put on my money card

I knew I did something wrong because I expected to pay less OOP, so upon reviewing the transaction, I realized I grabbed the wrong size package of tampons. So they refunded that purchase onto a money card.

Transaction #2
Covergirl Smoothers Foundation $7.99, Get $7.99 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $1/1 any Cover Girl Product from recent insert

2 Loreal lipgloss $6.99, Get $6.99 ECBs each (Limit 2)
Use 2 $1/1 any LOreal Lipcolour from recent insert

Manufacturer's Coupons as outlined above): -$3.00
-$4 off $20 CVS coupon from recent receipt
-$8.99 ECB from earlier in the week
-$5.69 ECB from Johnson's Soft Lotion in transaction #1

Total OOP: $.30
Put on my money card

Transaction #3

Bic Soliel $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $3/1 Bic Soleil System Razor from recent insert

Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons $3.99, Earn $3 ECBs (Limit 1)
Colgate Total Advanced, Clean, Advanced Fresh or Whitening $2.99, Get $2.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
(I only found 1 Colgate coupon in my stash & used it on transaction #1)

Phillilps Headphones $6.99, Get $6.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Garnier Nutritioniste cleansing towelettes (25 ct.) $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $1/1 Garnier Nutritioniste Cleanser or Moisturizer from recent insert

1 Gatorade G2 20oz $1.49, Get $1.49 ECBs (Limit 3)

Manufacturer's Coupons as outlined above): -$4.00
-$4 off $20 CVS coupon from Transaction #1
-$15 ECB from earlier in the week
-$3.79 ECB from Sally Hansen Max Growth in transaction #1

Total OOP: $.65
Put on my money card

OK, so besides getting all of this stuff, I now have $67.39 in ECB's, as well as $10+ on 2 money cards, as well as another $4 off $20 coupon.

I also made $22 on this venture! At least as far as I can tell, factoring in the refund & the confusion of buying the wrong product!

Not too shabby :)

1 comment: