Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Raw Coconut Fudge

I made some raw coconut oil fudge this weekend. Here's the original recipe:

1 1/2 cups coconut oil
1 1/2 cups raw honey
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, tastes fine without it)

Dump it all in the blender and mix till smooth. Pour it into a pan (I use a 9x13 glass pan) and let it set up. Depending on your climate and time of year you may need to refrigerate it if it's over 70 degrees or so in your kitchen. Cut into small pieces and try not to eat it all the first day.

********

I made a half recipe & put it in an 8X8 pan, and it was really thin. I just stirred it in a bowl. Next time, I will use wax paper to line the pan, a little less salt & less honey. Also, I need need to keep it refrigerated.

This would be good with some raw almonds or shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment