Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Shaws Adventure

I finally ventured out to Shaw's this morning. I'm glad I did because I made 87 cents buying 20 cans of soup, and got some other cheap stuff as well.

Transactions #1
10 cans Healthy Choice Soup, $1 each
2 pouches Starkist creations Mango Salmon, $2 each
3 pouches Starkist light tuna in oil, $1.25 each

Used 4 $1 off tuna coupons from vocalpoint mailer
Used BOGO tuna coupon from vocalpoint mailer

Paid $12.75 OOP
Got $10 off your next purchase catalina
I was supposed to get another $1 off catalina for the tuna, but it didn't work

Transactions #2
10 Traditional Progresso Soup @ 3/$4
3 bottles spring water @ $.89 each
.55 lb Healthy Ones deli ham ($3.99/lb)
.35 lb Healthy Ones deli turkey ($5.99/lb)

Used 2 $1/4 Progresso coupons from 2/8 newspaper insert
Used 2 $1.10/1 Progresso coupons
Used 2 $.55 off Healthy Ones lunchmeat which doubled
Used $10 catalina from last purchase

Paid $3.84 OOP

So the Healthy Choice soup worked out to be free, the Progresso was a moneymaker of $.86, the 5 pouches of tuna were $2.75, and the lunch meat (almost a pound) was a little over $2 (could have been free if I bought less).

Not too bad! Most of the soup will end up at the food pantry, which is pretty cool! I could have done the Progresso deal one more time, but Bear (my son) was getting antsy. 20 cans of soup is enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment